Sunday, July 12, 2009

So long as this banner never falls...



This standard barer completes my Command Squad. This is probably the most amount of freehand I've done to date. I'm satisfied with the results, but I feel that I could have gone a lot further with this. I don't have enough paints, and I realize that now that I REALLY needed them. I think the banner is understated and that is just fine by me. I also realize, as I'm typing this, that I should have taken a photo of how I made his banner arm removable. I was worried about transporting this guy, for obvious reasons, so I decided that I'd make that arm removable. I knew that the small magnets wouldn't work, and that the larger magnets wouldn't grip the banner hard enough such that it would just rotate down. I decided that I would magnetize AND pin the arm. I ended up using two pins, and a pair of magnets. I decided to add a furter bit of metal to help the magnets "grip" just a little bit. Works like a charm. Now all I have to worry about is how this setup will wear. This figure signals a completion of the infantry for my first army. I have three vehicles to go, then I'm finished with my first 1500 point army. Here are some detail shots for your enjoyment:

No comments: