Friday, July 10, 2009

MEDIC! Um I mean APOTHECARY! Doesn't roll off the tongue, does it?


Completed the Apothecary for the Command Squad. If I never have to paint a solid white figure again, that's just find to me. I shaded with a grey-blue mix and I think that worked well. I decided to dirty him up a little to give him a slight worn in look. The shoulders, backpack, chest, helmet, and crazy Apothecary arm became my focus as I knew those sections would end up defining this white figure. I actually did have a lot of fun with this model, and learned a few nifty techniques for highlighting. This is also the first time I've painted each feather on the chest aquila and I think it shows that extra bit of love. Here are a few more shots:

1 comment:

Dan said...

Love the freehand work on his shoulder. Well done!