Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More choppa!



Still working on my first batch of Ork Boyz. I'm taking my time really, as I need to learn my way around these models. I love their personality, and it really comes through on every model. I'm waiting to do bases in a batch, and I'm probably not going to put these guys on the base until I'm finished painting the base and everything. My basing test using the Grey Knights Grand Master (pictured below) went well and I think I'd prefer to do all my Orks that way.

I've been hammering away on Army Builder, trying to put together a fun, but still competitive 1500pt Ork list. So far I've got a pretty good one but I'm a little tighter on war gear than I would have liked to be. Unfortunately there aren't many places to cut down in order to make that little extra needed room. I'll need to do some Theoryhammer to see if I need the extra war gear at all.

I've priced out this intial list, and full retail will have me out of pocket about $300. I'll most likely be getting most of my stuff either through The War Store or my local Hobby Town USA as they both offer 20% off GW retail. My local Hobby Town gives me a $5 discount for every $100 I spend, but I pay tax... hmmm... I'll have to number crunch a bit. I've also included a Forgeworld model for my list, so we'll see how that works out.

I noticed that GW put up the new models for Iron Hand Straken and Gunnery Sergeant Harker which I have to say are some of the most insanely awesome HQ's I've seen! Those models make me want an Imperial Guard army. Crazy! We could definately use more of that level of quality GW... definately.

No comments: