Thursday, September 16, 2010

Radio Free Empire


     Vox caster = Done! First, I have to say that this has always been a model that I thought to be goofy looking. I don't think it was until I was early in painting this that I started to like it. I mean, it has a really good 41st millennium look about it. I really had fun with some of the details, and it made a nice change from the standard Guard las-rifle models. That in mind, I do have quite a few more of those to go, so chin up! I had find making this base, and it was the first time I used any brass etching. I think the panel came out nice, but it doesn't photo well. The metallics and rust scheme doesn't come through the camera well at all.

     I was pleased to receive a gift from a good friend today. Two Leman Russ tanks! Both the Battle Tank and the Demolisher. Wow! I was really taken aback. Thanks man! What a friend to have! I also was up at the local GW store today, and decided to go ahead and pick up the Command Squad box. What a cool box! This type of thing makes me not feel so bad when I pay that much for little plastic men. I'm going to have a lot of fun using all the little bits in there. There's even a Servo Skull, which I have NO idea how to use that. Hmm... objective marker anyone? We'll have to see.

     Here's a few more pics of the Vox Caster, and one of my squad as of now. Enjoy!


No comments: