Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Speaking of Bikez... I have Bikez!


     I'm nearly finished with the bike for my Warboss. I think she is coming along excellently. I'm pleased that the end product is looking very much as it did in my mind before I started painting it. I still have a few touches to work on, but for the most part, this thing is done. I tried a slightly different approach to weathering. I used a tiny bit of sponge, dabbed it in a very dark brown, then pressed it to parts of the orange paint. I then highlighted near these marks with the base orange mixed with some Bleached Bone. I think the effect is really nice. It gives a slight hint of a 3rd dimension.

     Though I was slightly daunted by the complexity of this model, I think I've been most inspired by it. I'm yearning to get some more of this Ork army over and done. Here are a few more detail shots:


No comments: