Saturday, June 11, 2011

Firestorm Armada: Killer Bees?


Fleet Color Scheme


So here's a little test of the color scheme I've planned up for my Dindrenzi. This is a carbon grey with a nice yellow to setup some high contrast. I've got a few masking leaks to fix, but it came out pretty good. I'll likely do a single engine stripe on the mediums and no stripes on the frigates, just to create a little theme. Lots of work ahead, but I'm enjoying a nice slow pace on these, so I'm not going to stress about hammering out the kit in some record time.

I tested out the scheme on Photoshop first, these were to two that I tested out:

I think the diagonal one was a little weak. I liked the bolder vertical stripes.

I've ordered another starter set for the Aquans. I've got some interesting color ideas for those, but I'll show you that at a later date.

Still wrestling with the airbrush and getting used to troubleshooting it when I have small issues. Progress is being made. There's a certain amount of trouble that you're just going to have to put up with when using water based acrylics on an airbrush, this I've come to learn. I've started looking at buying as much of the base coat colors in the Vallejo Model Air line as I can, since that seems to cause the least amount of trouble with the airbrush. Go figure, right?

I'm hoping that I can find some good tutorials on playing Firestorm Armada to help me learn the game. If anyone knows of some, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, that scheme would match my Red Scorpions guys very nicely. Great execution, the lines are super crisp!

Managed a game of it yet?

Unknown said...

Howdy Red! I must shamefully admit that I decided to use the Red Scorpion color scheme so that I could practice it a bit before I do my Red Scorpion army.

Sadly, no games as of yet. I've got a little bit more work to do on the Battleship, then 9 more ships from that starter pack. I've got an Aquan Prime starter kit inbound, and I've managed to convince my wife (don't know how I did that) to try the game. I don't know if she'll stick with it, and I'm leaning towards the feeling that she won't. I'll end up with two different fleets, and that's fine by me.

I don't know of any gaming clubs in my area, but I think I'll have to start doing some searching just for this new game. The rules look very interesting, and like I said, I'm due for a break from 40K for a little bit.